Vedder Transport is currently looking for One (1) Full Time Heavy Duty Mechanic in Edmonton Alberta. If you have a positive attitude with a dedication for hard work, then we are looking for you! Full time Monday – Friday 8-10hours shifts. OT after 40 hours.
- Ensure the operation of tractors and trailers by completing preventative maintenance.
- Locate source of any problems of the equipment in operation
- Operate diagnostic instruments for testing
- Communicate daily with the Operations Manger, Lead Hands and maintenance department
- Minimize down time of all equipment
- Provide mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with company policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies
- Maintain inventory of supplies and tools
- Long-term stability and year round work
- Competitive hourly rate with overtime paid over 48 hours per week
- Extended Benefits
You Must Offer:
- Degree/Certificate in heavy duty mechanics and/or maintenance
- Minimum two (2) years working experience working with heavy duty machinery in the transportation industry
- Ability to work independently while being in contact with operations staff located remotely
- Ability to follow the company’s scheduled maintenance program
- CVI Ticket is considered an asset
- A positive and professional attitude; the desire to become part of our company “culture”
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Be available in the event of a unit breakdown or emergency after hours